Public Service Commission
Gatz. Third Class
Sociologist Exam 2073
Time: 3 hr
Full Marks: 100
Section -A (3 x 10=30)
- Define ‘world system theroy’ and explain Nepal’s position of capitalist development by using this theory.
- Compare and contrast between ” trickle-down’ and Buttom-up” development models focusing on the current practices of Nepal?
- Write an essay on ” the facilitation role of sociologist/anthropologist” in the development of Nepal.
Section -B (2 x 10=2)
- How do you evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of current debates on ‘inclusion’ and ‘exclusion’ in Nepal?
- “Regional autonomy and federalism in Nepal may cause national disintegration. ” Furnish your logic either in support or against this statement.
Section -C (3 x 10=30)
- Analyze the function of training in planning project implementation and management.
- Discuss on shifts of development strategies followed in the history of planned development in Nepal.
- “Community-Based organizations (CBOs) are proven to be more functional for sustainable development in the Third world countries.” Critically examine this statement.
Section -D (2 x 20=20)
- Define “Planned development” and discuss the key features of “Sustainable development” and “decentralized development.”
- Write short notes on the following
- Millennium Development Goal.
- Necessity for state restructuring in Nepal.