Public Service Commission
Computer Technician Exam 2073
Competitive Written Exam Held on 2073-02-06
Time: 45 minutes
Objective Questions (50 x 1 = 50 marks)
Correct Answers are Marked as Bold
- Feature that enables several people to work to create and update a document
A) Document sharing B) Document locking C) Document collaboration D) Document protection
- You can Break column by pressing
A) Ctrl+Shift+Enter B) Ctrl+Enter C)Alt+enter D) Alt+ Enter
- The shortcut key to copy format is:
A) Ctrl+Shift+C B) Alt+Ctrl+C C)Alt+Shift+C D) None of above
- Which of the following is NOT valid page margin
A) Mirrored B) Narrow C)English D) wide
- What function displays row data in a column or column data in row?
A) Hyperlink B) Index C)Transpose D) Rows
- Each excel file is called a workbook because
A) It can contain text and data B) It can be modified C)It can contain many sheets including worksheets and chart sheets D) You have to work hard to create it
- A Typical spreadsheet software allows at least
A) 64 Columns B) 128 columns C) 256 columns D) 52 columns
- Which of the following methods cannot be used to edit the content of cell?
A) Pressing the Alt Key B) Clicking the formula bar C) Pressing F2 D) Double clicking the cell
- How should you print a selected area of a worksheet, if you’ll want to print a different area next time?
A) On the file menu, Pint to print area, and then click set Print area.
B) On the file menu, Click print and then click selection under print area.
C) On the view menu, Click custom views, then click add
D) All of the above
- In MS Power Point,……. is readymade styles that can be used for a presentation
A) Auto Style B) Template C) Wizard D) Preformatting
- Which view in Power Point can be used to enter Speaker Comment?
A) Notes Page view B) Slide sorter C) Normal D) Slide Show
- The values GET, POST,HEAD etc are specified in ……. of HTTP message.
A) Request Line B) Header Line C) Status Line D) Entity Body
- A Web Cookie is a small piece of data
A) Sent from a website and stored in user’s web browser while a user is browsing a website
B) Sent from user and stored in a server while a user is browsing a website
C) Sent from root server to all servers
D) None of the mentioned
- How can you make a bulleted list ?
A) <list> B) <NL> C) <ul> D) <ol>
- Text within <EM>…..</EM> tag displays text in ……. Format.
A) Bold B) Italic C) List D) indented
- Software that defines a database, stores the data, supports a query language produces reports and creates data entry screens is a
A) Data Dictionary B) Database Management System (DBMS) C) Decision Support System D) Relational Database
- When building database, the data dealing with an entity is modeled as a:
A) Attribute B) Class C) Object D) Table
- Student and course enrolled is an example of
A) One-to-one relationship B) One-to-many Relationship C) Many-to-one Relationship D) Many-to-many Relationship
- Given the following relation
Student(roll no, name, course no, course max. marks, year of study, address)
The corresponding 3 NF relations are
A) Student(roll no, name, year of study, address) Course (Course no, course Max marks
B) Student( roll no, name year of study, address) Student( roll no, course no)Course( Course no, course max. marks)
C) Student(roll no, name, address) Year(roll no, year of study) Course(Course no, course max. marks)
D) None of the above
- Which of the following term describes testing?
A) Finding Broken code B) Evaluating deliverable to find errors C) Stage of all projects D) None of above
- Which of the following manuals is not a user documentation?
A) Beginner’s guide B) Installation guide C) Reference guide D) SRS
(SRS provides information on exact requirements of system as agreed between user and developers.)
- Data flow diagram is related to
A) Data Design B) Process Design C) UI design D) Database Schema
- “Digital Signature” issued by
A) Controller B) Certifying Authority C) Subscriber D) Department of Information Technology
- For Digital signature key pair is generated by
A) Asymmetric crypto system B) Symmetric crypto system C) RSA D) None of the above
- License of certifying authority is issued by
A) Nepal Government B) Controller C) Department of IT D) Ministry of Science and Technology
- An area of a computer that temporarily holds data waiting to be processed is ……
A) CPU B) Memory C) Storage D) File
- Hard disk can be used as……
A) Input Device B) Output device C) Storage Device D) All of the above
- Unicode standard is ……..
A) Software B) Font C) Character Encoding System D) Keyboard Layout
- A fault in a computer program which prevents it from working correctly is known as
A) Boot B) Bug C) Biff D) Strap
- The difference between people with access to computers and the internet and those without this access is known as the:
A) Digital Divide B) Internet divide C) web divide D) E-illiteracy
- Cache Memory…….
A) Helps to store more data in hard disk B) Place between main memory and microprocessor C) stores data permanently D) Holds late time visited web site only
- Which one of the following printers is suitable for printing sprocket fed carbon copies?
A) Laser B) Dot Matrix C) Ink-jet D) Drum
- HDMI Stands for
A) High Definition Machine Interface B) High Definition Machine Interconnection C) High Definition Multimedia Interface D) High Definition Manual Interface
- When RJ 45 jack is clamped with UTP-4 pair cable, it is understood that following PIN are responsible for reception and transmission
A) 1,2 3,4 B) 1,2 3,6 C) 1,2 7,8 D) 5,6 7,8
- If a computer presentation is required to be displayed in local monitor and LCD projector simultaneously, the setup chosen in windows display setting is
A) Split Screen B) Projector only C) LCD mode D) Duplicate Screen
- What command can be used to find out network route/path for internet connection
A) tracert B) ping C) nslookup D) net use
- Computer not booting at all, beeping endlessly is symptom of
A) BAD RAM B) BAD Network Card C) Network Cable Fault D) HDD bad sector
- Bridge works in which layer of OSI model?
A) Application Layer B) Transport layer C) Network Layer D) Datalink layer
- Unix Operating System is an
A) Multi User Operating system B) Time Sharing operating system
C) Multitasking operating system D) All of the above
- In which type of Operating system, the response time is very crucial?
A) Network operation system B) Real time operating system
C) Batch operating system D) Unix operating system
- Multimedia system require hard real time scheduling
A) to ensure critical tasks will be serviced within timing deadlines
B) To deliver the media file to client C) To minimize the delay D) for security
- Process is
A) Program in high level language kept on disk B) Contents of main memory
C) Program in execution D) A job in secondary memory
- Virtual memory is normally implemented by
A) Demand paging B) Buses C) Virtualization D) All of these
- DHCP stands for
A) Dynamic Host Control Protocol B) Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
C) Different Host Control Protocol D) Dynamic Host Configuration Procedure
- A…….. is a device that forwards packets between networks by processing the routing information included in a packet.
A) Bridge B) Firewall C) Router D) Switch
- …… is the physical pat over which a massage travels
A) Path B) Medium C) Protocol D) Router
(Message travel from sender to reciever via a medium using a protocol.)
- ….. is executed to request a new IP address
A) ipconfig /renew B) ipconfig /release C) ipconfig /revive D) ipconfig /request
(First, ipconfig /release is executed to force the client to immediately give up its lease by sending the server a DHCP release notification which updates the server’s status information and marks the old client’s IP address as “Available”. Then, the command ipconfig /renew is executed to request a new IP address. See more)
- Communication channel is shared by all the machines on the network in
A) Broadcast network B) Unicast network C) Multicast network D) none of the above
- Protocol Data Unit (PDU) of TCP is known as
A) Message B) Segment C) Datagram D) Frame
- What function key is used hyperlink facility?
A) Ctrl+C B) Ctrl+K C) Ctrl+L D) Ctrl+J
==== All The Best ===