Public Service Commission
Computer Operator Exam 2073
Competitive Written Exam Held on 2073-01-29
Time: 45 minutes
Objective Questions (50 x 1 = 50 marks)
Correct Answers are Marked as Bold
- IBM 1401 was brought to prepare the census report of …
A) 2018 BS B) 2028 BS c)2038 BS D) 2048 BS
- Transistor is related to ….. generation computers
A) Second B) Third C) Fourth D) Fifth
- The ability to recover and read deleted or damaged files from a criminal’s computer is an example of an enforcement specially called
A) Robotics B) Simulation C) Computer forensics D) Animation
- An area of a computer that temporarily holds data waiting to be processed is
A) CPU B) Memory C) Storage D) File
- For reproducing sound, a CD (compact disk) audio player uses a …..
A) Quartz crystal B) Titanium needle C) Laser beam D)Barium Titanium Ceramic
- Unicode Standard is ….
A) Software B) Font C) Character encoding system D)Keyboard layout
- A fault in a computer program which prevents it from working correctly is known as
A) Boot B) Bug C) Biff D) Strap
- Program developed according to the requirement specific to an office is …
A) Tailored software B) Utility software C) Packaged software D) All of above
- The difference between people with access to computers and the internet and those without these access is known as the
A) Digital divide B) Internet divide C) Web divide D) E-Illiteracy
- Cache memory …..
A) Helps to store more data in hard disk B) Placed between main memory and microprocessor C) Stores data permanently D) Holds last time visited data only
- Which one of the following printers is suitable for printing sprocket fed carbon copies?
A) Laser B) Dot matrix C) Ink jet D) Drum
- …… are set of rules and procedures to control the data transmission over the internet
A) IP address B) Domains C) Protocol D) Gateway
- Which of the following is a file attribute?
A) Hidden B) Achieve C) Read only D) All of above
- …… are used to identify a user who returns to a website?
A) Cookies B) Plug-ins C) Scripts D) Session
- Windows 7 supports which of the following file system?
A) NTFS B) FAT C) EXIT D) UNIX
- Which among the following are the best tools for fixing errors in disk
A) Fdisk B) Scandisk C) Chkdisk D) Fixdisk
- …… runs on computer hardware and serve as platform for other software to run on
A) Operating system B) Application software C) System software D) All of above
- The operating system creates ….. from the physical computer
A) Virtual space B) Virtual computers C) Virtual device D) None of above
- The primary function of an operating system is
A) To make the most efficient use of the computer hardware
B) To allow people to use the computer
C) To keep system programs employed
D) To make computers easier to use
- Thesaurus tool in MS Word is used for
A) Spelling suggestions B) Grammar options
C) Synonyms and antonyms word D) All of above
- Which tab in Font dialog box contains options to apply font effects?
A) Font tab B) Character spacing C) Text effects D) Standard toolbar
- Which of the following is not of the merge process?
A) Sort the data source records B) Format the main document
C) Edit the data source D) Merge the two files to print or create a new document
- A screen element of MS Word that is usually located below the title bar that provides categorized options is…..
A) Menu bar B) Tool bar C) Status bar D) All of above
- A word processor would most likely be used to do
A) Keep an account of money spent
B) Do a computer search in media center
C) Maintain an inventory
D) Type a biography
- If you need to change the typeface of a document, which menu will you choose?
A) Edit B) View C) Format D) Tools
- ….. is a tool in Word which apply same format to different character/paragraphs?
A) Format repeater B) Format applier C) Format painter D) Format generator
- …. Switch the page between portrait and landscape layout
A) Margins B) Size C) Columns D) Orientation
- …. Enables several people to work to create and update a document
A) Document sharing B) Document locking C) Document collaboration D) Document protection
- When a hyperlink is created, Word formats the web address as …..
A) Italicized and colored red B) Italicized and colored blue
C) Underlined and colored red D) Underlined and colored blue
- Workbook is collection of
A) Cells B) Worksheets C) Workspaces D) Projects
- Shortcut key to bring format cells dialog box is:
A) Ctrl+F B) Ctrl+E C) Ctrl+1 D) Ctrl+D
- The cell reference $A$5 is a …..
A) Relative cell reference B) Absolute cell reference
C) Mixed cell reference D) None of above
- Function to get some of the contents of the cells A1, A2, B1, B2 is ….
A) =sum(A1+A2+B1+B2) B) =sum(A1:B2)
C) =total(A1..B2) D) =sum(A1,B2)
- To edit the contents of cell
A) Press F2 B) Double click on cell
C) Click on Formula bar D) All of above
- Graphical representation of worksheet data
A) Pivote table B) Goal seek C) Graph D) Scenario
- Filter option is used to ….
A) Arrange data in alphabetical order
B) Arrange data in numeric order
C) Arrange data in chronological order
D) Extract the records that meet given criteria
- The formula =if(A1>B1, A1-B1, B1-A1) gives
A) Larger one from cell A1 & B1
B) Positive difference of A1 & B1
C) Contents of A1
D) Contents of B1
- How do you display updatable current date in MS Excel?
A) DATE() B) TODAY() C) NOW() D) Ctrl+;
- A function inside another function is called
A) Nested function B) Round function
C) Sum function D) Text function
- What are the different views to display a table?
A) Datasheet view B) Design view
C) Pivot table and pivot chart view D) All of above
- In a database table, the category of information is called
A) Tuple B) Field C) Record D) All of above
- This key uniquely identify each record
A) Primary key B) Key record C) Unique key D) Field name
- ….. enables you to view data from a table based on a specific criterion
A) Form B) Query C) Macro D) Report
- A database language concerned with the definition of the whole database structure and schema is
A) DCL B) DML C) DDL D) All of above
- In Microsoft PowerPoint in order to see all the slides on one screen you use
A) View, slide sorter B) View, slide C) View, master D) View, slide show
- What are the three options available in Insert >> Picture menu
A) Clipart, Pictures, Shapes B) Clipart, From file, Shapes
C) Clipart, From file, Autoshapes D) Clipart, Pictures, Autoshapes
- Which of the following font effect is not available in PowerPoint font dialog box?
A) Underline B) Shadow C) Emboss D) Strikethrough
Note:- Strickethrough is not available in 2003 version But Emboss is available and Emboss is not available but strickethrough is available in 2007 or above version.
- Full form of HTML is
A) Hypertext Markup Language B) Hotmail
C) Hypertext Mail Language D) All of above
- In HTML ….. tag is used for linking an external document
A) <src> B) <anchor> C) <a> D) <include>
- To set the background color we use
A) <body text=“color”> B) <body=“color”> C) <body bgcolor=“color”> D) All of above
Note:- Answers are Based on different websites.