Nepal Transit & Warehousing Co. Ltd.
Asst. Computer Operator Exam 2073
Competitive Written Exam Held on 2073-06-09
Time: 45 minutes
Objective Questions (50 x 1 = 50 marks)
Correct Answers are marked as Bold
- Which feature is used for monitoring all document changes?
A) Edit Document B) Monitor Change C) Track Change D) Track All
- Which tool can the user use to set indents or tabs:
A) Title bar B) Insert point C) Tool Bar D)Ruler
- What is the shortcut key to reach at the beginning and at the end of a long 1000 page document?
A)Alt+Home and Alt+End B) Ctrl+Page and Ctrl+PgDn
C) Shift+Home and Shift+End D) Ctrl+Home and Ctrl+End
- How Footnotes, Endnotes and Indexes are inserted in a document?
A )as Bookmarks B) as Cross references C) As Hyperlinks D) as Word fields
- If name “profit” is assigned to cell D5 then
A) Value of D5 is “Profit” B) Formula D5/2 may be written as “Profile”/2
C) Both A and B D) None of the above
- What is a Data series in Ms-Excel?
A) A type of Chart B) A cell reference
C) A Collection of related data D)A division of Results
(See More: http://www.excel-easy.com/examples/data-series.html)
- What is the executable file of Ms Excel
A) Excel B) MS Excel C) win Excel D) None of the above
- In goal seek, the “By changing cell” refers to the cell
A) A containing the outcome formula B) Containing the constraints
C) that you are attempting to calculate D) Containing the target value
- How many cells are ther in f16 to H17?
A) 9 B)12 C)3 D) 6
- A format rule that affects the entire worksheet is called
A) Global format rule B) Individual format rule
c) Hierarchical format Rule D) None of the above
- Which elements of a worksheet can be protected from accidental modifications?
A) contents B) Objects C) Scenarios D) All of the above
- Which function do you use to return the remainder after a number is divided by divisor?
A) ROUND() B) FACT() C) MOD() D) DIV()
- Pie-Chart in Excel can be created using……..
A) Two Data series and all values are positive
B) One data series and all values are positive
C) Two data series and all values are negative
D) One data series and all values are negative
- What message will be displayed in the status line when a formula +A1+A2 is entered in cell A1?
A) mem B) error C) circ D) Zero
- Which object is used to create a form in Microsoft Access?
A) Tables and queries B)Tables only C)Tables and Reports D)Queries and Reports
- In Access, which wild card is not mostly used?
A) @ B) # C) ? D) *
- Data integrity control
A) is used to set upper and lower limits on numeric data
B) Requires the use of passwords to prohibit unauthorized access to the file
C) has the data dictionary keep the data and time of fast access backup and most recent modification for all files
D) None of the above
(Reference from: http://www.quhasa.com/question/index/id/4b2b7310-6445-11e5-b95f-90b11c0865e9)
- Which of the following is a set of actions that the user can create to automate common tasks?
A) Reports B) Modules C) Macros D) Pages
- A query is
A) A miniature program that tells the DBMS what to do
B) expressed using a query language
C) Both A and B
D) None of the above
- What would you choose to create a pre-formatted style?
A) Slide Sorter view B)Slide Layout C) Slide Transition D) Slide Design
- What is the shortcut key for slide show?
A) F9 B)F5 C) Ctrl+S D) Alt+S
- In Microsoft PowerPoint the entry effect as one slide replaces another in a show is called a
A) Animation B) Slide Transition C) Custom animation D)Present animation
- World Wide Web is founded by
A) Bill Gates B) E.F. Codd C) Charles Babbage D) Tim Bener lee
- Which of the following is not a body tag properties
A)Bgcolor B) Image C) text D) background
- <ul></ul> tag is used to:
A) Display the number list B) Underline the text
C) Display the bulleted list D) Bold the text
- Which of the following have the fastest access time?
A) Semiconductor Memory B) Magnetic Disk C) Magnetic Tap D) Compact Disk
- The 0,1 of the data is known as
A) Half Byte B) Bit C) Byte D) Nibble
- What do you call the transistor that translates assembly language program into machine codes?
A) Compiler B) Interpreter C) Debugger D) Assembler
- We need ……. To terminate the signal while using UTP cable
A) RJ 45 B) RJ-11 C) BNC D) SN-Terminal
- Computer virus is a software program which has the essential ability to
A) Clone itself B) Hide itself C)Damage Data D)All of the above
- For each instruction in program memory the CPU goes through a
A) Decode fetch execute sequence B) Execute store decoded sequence
C) fetch Decode execute sequence D)Fetch executed decoded sequence
- The programs which are as permanent as hardware and stored in ROM are known as
A) Hardware B)Software C)Firmware D) ROM ware
- The basic operation performed by a computer are
A) Arithmetic Operation B) Logical Operation C)Storage D) All of Above
- Protecting the data from unauthorized access is called
A) Data inaccessibility B) Data encryption C) Data security D) Data Validity
- Which of the following is not an internet Protocol?
A) IPV4 B) IPX C) IPV6 D) None of the above
- Who invented Analytical engine
A) Braise Pascal B) George Bool C) Charles Babbage D) Dr. Herman Hollenith
- Which of the following you can do with electronic mail?
A) Send and read mail B) Delete, reply to or Forward C) Delete Someone else’s mail D)Both A and B
- Which of the following coded uses 7 bits to represent a character?
A)ASCII B)EBCDC C) BCD D) GRAY
- The network topology with highest reliability is ……
A) Bus topology B) Star Topology C) Ring Topology D) Mesh topology
- Recycle Bin Stores
A) Permanently deleted files B) Temporary deleted files
C) Unnecessary files D) None of the above
- How do you switch between programs?
A) Alt+Tab B)Shift +F10 C) F1 D) F6
- Which of the following wild card is used most often in command line operation?
A) ? B)# C)% D)*
- When computer is turned on, which of the following is first executed?
A) Bootstrap loader B) Operating System C) System Software D) Application Software
- Which keys do you press to quit without saving in MS DOS?
A) Ctrl+A B) Ctrl+S C)Ctrl +C D) Ctrl+Q
- The indicator on the screen that shows where things will happen next in MS word is called
A)Arrow key B) Control Key C) Cursor D) None of above
- What is the shortcut key to open the thesaurus window?
A) Ctrl+F7 B) F7 C) Alt+F7 D) Shift+F7
- …….. shows the list of synonyms
A) Auto text B) Auto Correct D) Spelling and grammar D) Thesaurus
- Which enables you to move directly to specific location in a document?
A)Subdocuments B) Bookmarks C) Cross References D) outlines
- Studies have shown that the easiest documents to read use
A)Ragged right margins B) Right Justified margins
C) Ragged left margins D) None of the above
- Word count gives you…..
A) Number of lines B) Number of character
C) Number of paragraphs D) None of the above
This question’s answer may be All of the above.