Public Service Commission
Asst. Computer Operator Exam 2073
Competitive Written Exam Held on 2073-02-32
Time: 45 minutes
Objective Questions (50 x 1 = 50 marks)
Correct Answers are Marked as Bold
- Which command is used to display all the files having (.exe) extension but the different file name?
A) dir*.ext B) dir filename.* C) dir filename.ext D) dir*.sys
- CHKDSK command is used to:
A) Report the status of files on disk B) Analyze the hard disk error
C) Diagnose the hard disk error D) all of the above.
- Which command is used to change the file name?
A) ren B) rename C) both of above D) none of above
- Which among the following are the best tools for fixing errors on disk?
A) Fixdsk B) Fdisk C) Scandisk D) Chkdsk
- The key F12 opens a:
A) close dialog box B) save as dialog box C) open dialog box D) save dialog box
- Which file starts MS Word?
A) word2003.exe B) word.exe C) winword.exe D) msword.exe
- To invoke help in MS window one has to use:
A) F4 B) F1 C) F2 D) F3
- Key combination used for UNDO in MS word is:
A) Ctrl+U B) Ctrl+z C) Ctrl+Y D) Ctrl+V
- Which of the following is not a valid view type in MS-word?
A) print layout B) web layout C) outline layout D) inline layout .
- What is the short cut to justify text to center?
A) Ctrl+e B) Ctrl+s C) Ctrl+l D) Ctrl+c
- Which of the following is an example for automatic text formatting?
A) replacing two -‘s with an hyphen B) underlining hyperlink
C) adjusting extra space D) all of the above
- Feature that enables several people to work to create and update a document:
A) document protection B) document sharing
C) document locking D) document collaboration
- If you want to keep track of different editions of a document which features will you use?
A) track change B) editipns C) versions D) all of above
- To underline selected text in one can use :
A) tab+U B) alt+U C) ctrl+U D) shift+U
- What is a portion of a document in which you set certain page formatting options as default?
A) page setup B) page C) document D)section
- Which of the following is not a type of page margin?
A) top B) left C) right D) center
- You can break the column by :
A) pressing alt+enter B) pressing ctrl+shift+enter
C) pressing ctrl+enter D) pressing shift+enter
- A feature of MS Word that saves the document automatically after certain interval is available on :
A) pressing ctrl+s B) save tab on options dialog box
C) save as dialog box D) none of above
- Excel uniquely identifies cells within a worksheet with a cell name which is a :
A) Number B) cell names C) column numbers and row letters
D) Column letters and row numbers
- Which symbol must all formula begin with?
A) @ B) = C) + D) (
- Getting data from cell located in a different sheet is called
A) Functioning B) accessing C) referencing D) updating
- To auto fit the width of column:
A) double click the column header B) double click the right border of column
C) double click the left border of column D) all of above
- A circular reference is:
A) a formula that either directly or indirectly depends on itself,
B) geometric modeling tool C) a cell that points to a drawing object
D) always erroneous
- To add the number of cell A2 and A9 :
A) =sum(A2,A9) B) = add(A2:A9) C) =sum(A2 and A9) D) =sum(A2 to A9)
- Absolute reference to cell A3 is expressed as:
A) @A$3 B) @A3 C) A$3 D) $A$3
- You want to track the progress of the stock market on a daily basis. Which type of chart should you use ?
A) column chart B) pie chart C) row chart D) line chart
- MS-Excel files have a default extension of :
A) .xsl B) .xls C) .doc D) .xlw
- Which of the following formulas is not entered correctly ?
A) 10+50 B) =10+50 C) =B7*B1 D) =B7+14
- If you press………. , the cell accepts your typing as its contents.
A) insert B) enter C) ctrl+enter D) tab
- You can print:
A) a single worksheet B) a range of cell by range name
C) an entire worksheet D) all of the above
- …….. is a collection of data stored in a standardized format, designed to be shared by multiple users.
A) relation B) database C) record D) database management system.
- The sql query : SELECT * FROM employee
A) displays structure of employee table B) displays all field names from employee table .
C) displays all records from employee table D) all of the above
- A field or group of fields that uniquely identifies every row of a table is …..
A) access key B) primary key C) foreign key D) hot key
- Which of the following should you use if you want all the slide in the presentation to have the same “look” ?
A) a presentation design template B) tie slide layout option
C) add a slide option D) outline view
- Which file format can be added to a Power Point show ?
A) .wav B) .jpg C) .gif D) all of the above
- IBM 1401 was brought to prepare the census report of …..
A) 2048 BS B) 2018 BS C) 2028 BS D) 2038 BS
- Transistor is related to ……… generation computers.
A) fifth B) second C) third D) fourth
- Which of the following is the type of computer on the basis of size?
A) hybrid B) analog C) micro D) digital
- Component of computer system
A) Processing unit B) input unit C) output unit D) all of the above
- Which of the following storage is fastest?
A) blue-ray disc B) RAM C) ROM D) Register
- Unicode standard is
A) keyboard layout B) software C) font D) character encoding system
- If any person publishes illegal materials in electronic form, he shall be liable to the punishment with:
A) fine not exceeding two thousand rupees and with imprisonment not exceeding five years or with both
B) fine not exceeding one hundred thousand rupees or with the imprisonment not exceeding five years or with both
C) fine not exceeding two thousand rupees and with imprisonment not exceeding three years
D) fine not exceeding two thousand rupees or with imprisonment not exceeding three years or with both
- Program developed according to the requirement specific to an office is …..
A) packaged software B) tailored software
C) utility software D) all of the above
- C Language was developed by …..
A) Steve Jobs B) Linus Torvalds C) Bill Gates D) Dennis Ritche
- Cache memory …..
A) stores data permanently B) helps to store more data in hard disk
C) placed between main memory and microprocessor, D) holds last time visited web site only
- GIF images can have only upto ….. colors
A) 1024 B) 128 C) 256 D) 512
- A protocol is- – — –
A) an operating system B) interconnection pattern of computers
C) set of rules for communication D) a device for internet
- A dot matrix printer:
A) input device B) is output device C) cannot print alphabet D) cannot print number
- File with which extension is not executable?
A) exe B) com C) sys D) bat
- The batch file uses the extension:
A) .DOS B) .BAT C) .DOC D) .PRG